Monday, February 15, 2021

Week two 2/15 (Genre)

 I did most of the research into the genre and Mitchell helped more with the story. I already have a huge lineup of post-apocalyptic movies in my memory. When first thinking about the idea for the film, the video game Fallout came to mind. Fallout is set in an alternate universe set during a futuristic 50s-60s, were after the U.S. bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki, instead of using nuclear power for war, we humans learned to harness it for power. Think, The Jetsons, in regards to the technology use. They created things from robots to fusion-powered cars. But eventually, there was an energy crisis, and a second Cold War occurred between China and the U.S., leading to an all-out nuclear war. Fallout takes place after that war in the nuclear wasteland. Now one of the big appeals of fallout is the old 50s-60s music, wandering through a barren wasteland hearing those songs could be eerie or nostalgic. And that is the feeling I want to capture in this film.

I also want to capture the loneliness that the game gave you. The whole point of it was that you were playing as a lone wanderer, traveling and empty and desolate wasteland. It did that through sound and atmosphere. It was all-natural, wind blowing, grass crunching, trees and their leaves swaying in the wind. That and the sight of just nature and not a single living thing near. That or roaming through a worn and abandoned town, buildings broken down, falling apart, vegetation growing in between cracks. This is something I will do with my film, and plan to capture through the locations I choose and the sound editing I put together, along with the cinematography.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home