Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Film Opening Post #2

 Mitchell and I on this day wanted to really focus on the story, and finish developing it. We exchanged some ideas of where to go or take it. We went from the Western genre to action thriller. The action thriller was going to be more of a military kind of film, based off of true events possibly. However, I soon came to realize after some thought, that the Western and army film would be difficult to pull off. Mitchell and I scrapped those ideas and went back to the drawing board. I memory came into my head, I don't remember what triggered this memory but when it did It made me think of a 50s song that I listened to a few times before. The song was "Maybe" by The Ink Spots, and it gave me a very melancholic feeling, and the old recording made it sound rustic and worn down. That is when the idea to create a story on the apocalypse, came into my head. I imagined an old 50s radio on an empty street, the song "Maybe" starts playing, the sky is grey, and the radio gets further and further from view. That was the baseline of our idea. When I told Mitchell, he liked it and we agreed that this is gonna be the one we work on.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home