Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Portfolio Blog Post WK2 - 2/17 (Character)

Character:

A character I wanted to look into is Mad Max, but specifically, the recent one played by Tom Hardy in 2015. I liked that his character had very little dialogue, and I wanted to do something similar. 

Max is also partly insane. He sees things and already has somewhat lost them by the time we see him in Mad Max: Fury Road. In my story, I just wanted to make my character slowly going insane and starting off in an intense way too maybe. 

Mad Max: Fury Road is an amazing story and can be interpreted in many different ways, especially Max's story. What happens to him and his actions is the movie's symbol of redemption, and the film presents him as a bird of prey, and later reveals him to be the phoenix. Or it can be seen as a retelling of the book of revelations. 

However, making a two-minute film opening with that amount set up with no experience would be nearly impossible. But I can take bits and pieces from it and use it in my own creation.

For example, I want to use very little dialogue like Max and have the story drive my character more insane. In a way, it could be the beginning of Max's insanity. But obviously, it will be for my own character. I have yet to name him, but I may not focus on that. I have seen many cases where directors and writers don't give the protagonist a special name, which makes things easy and could work in telling the story. That's one major part I want to get right with my character in this film.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home