Friday, February 19, 2021

Portfolio Blog Post WK2 - 2/19 (Technical Stuff/Atmosphere/Ambience)

Some Technical Stuff:

Drawing inspiration from Fallout, the first mature video game I've played.  That game was perfect to me, it had its flaws in performance and the story had its own as well. But unlike many others who played, I played for the story, I always wanted to know what was going to happen next. And my dad got a kick out of it because of the 50s music that I sometimes played through the in-game radio.
I talked about Fallout in a previous blog post, but I think the main thing I want to capture is the music. I would play sometimes and it would be dark in the game, or there were monsters nearby or both, and I had the radio on, and some old 50s song would play. The Ink Spots impacted me the most because the combination of that sound and the in-game mechanics putting me in danger made me feel very uneasy and it was so eerie and disturbing. It was good though, like when you're watching a suspenseful movie, and you're on the edge of your seat. 

I want to at least be able to capture the disturbance. Because the idea for this film is getting a little darker, but that's okay. 

So the idea is to open the film with a shot of an old radio, The Ink Spots will be playing, and the camera moves backward. I only have so much time to show what I want so I only want this part to be slightly quicker. Then there will be a close-up of the protagonist, or maybe just part of his face, I don't want to reveal it right away because he's going to be a very isolated character. The only things that are close to him are the drugs he takes, his gun, and his memories. 

But one of the main things I want in this opening is the music playing, and a dirty, rusted, and grunge-like look. That is the one thing if any, I wanted to capture in this project

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home