Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Portfolio Blog Post WK3 - 2/24 (Script)

 Script:

Mitchell and I finished the script and I really liked the way it ended up. For now, the name of the story is Chimera. The significance of the title is that it is a synonym of hallucination, but it also is the name of a mythical creature made up of a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail. The absurd and mix of creatures are not unlike the mix of emotions and problems that my character has, one of them being addiction. The other definition of Chimera is described as "a thing that is hoped or wished for but in fact, is illusory or impossible to achieve." To my character, this is sobriety and sanity, and to him a friend. But in the story, he gains one of those. I think all definitions work well to describe and symbolize my character. I like the title and want to keep it, but I may change my mind later. 

 I was surprised how small the script felt, but I know two minutes may not seem like a lot, especially on a page. It is a quick opening and quite a bit happens, but I needed that because of the 2-minute time limit. I wanted to make sure enough was in the opening, so it alone could stand as its own film but also hint at a larger story. that's the point of a film opening. I'm a little worried it may be too much. But as I work on the storyboard and get closer to filming I can figure that out.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/159cB7OMVC6UPxYlqoTYHgG8juxtD8jLk-Phhi9DFOZQ/edit?usp=sharing


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home